The mission of the Lutheran Historical Society of the Mid-Atlantic is to preserve, to document, and to stir interest in the rich Lutheran traditions which are the foundation of the church. Specifically, the Society intends to foster knowledge and use of Lutheran history in the synods and congregations and among individuals.
The Society carries out its mission by:
- Encouraging the collection and preservation of archival materials;
- Stimulating interest in synodical and congregational history;
- Assisting scholarly research;
- Publishing a newsletter; and
- Maintaining communication with others active in the field of Lutheran church history